Creating a website is step one. Getting your website to rank well in Google's search results is the never-ending effort -- more of a challenge! Fortunately, you don't have to spend big money or be a technical guru to boost your site's ranking. Let's look at some simple ways to ramp up your website's search ability. Below are 10 ways to improve your website's search engine rankings:
1. Create quality content: The mantra “Content is king” has become a bit of a cliché, but with good reason. Google strongly favors well-written, information-rich content. Be sure you're writing for human readers, not robots.
2. Update your content regularly: Frequently-updated content is considered more relevant and important in the eyes of the search engines. Every time you post a new article or blog entry, you’re providing an additional opportunity for readers to find your site.
3. Choose your keywords carefully: Taking the time to do good keyword research can make a huge impact on your website’s SEO. Put yourself in a potential reader or customer’s shoes and imagine what search terms they would use to find your site. You can also use Google Analytics to find out how your visitors are arriving at your site.
4. But don’t get too crazy with your keywords: In the old days of SEO, quantity trumped quality when it came to keywords. Unfortunately, this led to artificial, keyword-stuffed content that had little value to real readers. Use your targeted keywords judiciously.
5. Be wary of Flash: Flash-based sites are inexpensive to create and look pretty impressive. However, they tend to rank badly with the search engines. Try using Wordpress or an alternative platform instead, and you’ll soon see a difference in your rankings.
6. Develop social signals: Social media plays a significant role in today’s SEO environment. Retweets, shares and other mentions on social media can have a positive influence on your ranking.
7. Go local: Local SEO can boost your ranking and visibility with Google. Factors like map data, listings on local information websites and reviews help give your business the local clout favored by Google.
8. Add images and videos: It’s clear that search results that contain video content enjoy higher rankings than text-only results. In addition, these media-rich search results are more likely to catch the reader’s eye and get clicked. Images and video add value to content: Be sure to use them to your advantage.
9. Write guest posts: Guest-posting on relevant, authoritative blogs is a great way to build a network of solid, quality backlinks. Stay far away from shady link-building practices; these outdated methods won’t help your SEO and are likely to get you penalized by Google.
10. Seek out relevant directories: Web directories can still be an effective way to expand your backlink profile. Steer clear of directories that automatically accept submissions. The most credible directories manually edit and approve their listings.
Business success is not all rainbows and butterflies. It is difficult and requires team effort. It takes hard work, knocking on door after door, making cold calls, and learning a number of lessons along the way. At the very basic level, you need a team to collaborate with. While this task may be more difficult for some, it is essential for the success of your business. Let’s explore how to build a team for your company.
Business Name vs. Trademark: What’s The Difference?
When you start a business, one of the most important things you can do is protect your name. If a company opened up shop using your same name, it could take a big hit on your sales. When building a brand, investing in advertising, and ensuring that consumers can find you, it is essential that you have properly protected your business name in the event that others want to use it. Unfortunately, many business owners are unaware of the difference between registering their name and filing for a trademark.